Follow me on a journey through the Duxbury Free Library's cookbooks. Together we will explore new recipes, new cookbooks, and life's adventures through food.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Patriots and Zinio and Food, some of my favorite things!!!

I was reading the new issue of Family Circle magazine on my iPad yesterday.  There was an article called Good To Go!, 10 take-it-with-you ideas for tailgates, potlucks or anywhere there's a hungry crowd.
 There are three reasons why this should be of interest to you:

#1 - MAGAZINES. You might ask how I was reading a magazine on my iPad.   I was using a great application that OCLN provides for free called Zinio.  Zinio is a great way to get all the new issues of more than 120 magazines free and as soon as they come out.  No waiting for anyone else to return a magazine or waiting for a new issue to come out so you can check it out.  Just pull up our catalog on your computer and on the right hand side you will see NEW IN THE LIBRARY. Under that is Zinio downloadable magazines.  Click there and follow the directions.  You to will be able to get all the magazines you could want instantly.


#2 - FOOTBALL!!! I am so excited about this link! I am a huge Patriots fan and I will often schedule my Sundays to work at the library around the Patriots schedule.  If  I have to work on a day when the Pats are playing,  you are sure to see me at the Circulation Desk with a pin that says "Please don't share the score", because I have the game recording at home.

#3 - TAILGATING.  Whether at home or at a game, tailgating food is a favorite with my family.  I am always on the look-out for new recipes so I've decided to share with you the recipes I find in magazines as well as in the great cookbooks we have at the library.  This week I will be trying Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef  and Black Bean Chili and Raspberry-Chip Crumb Cake.  I will let you know how they turn out, but in the mean time, check out Zinio.



No comments:

Post a Comment